An Industry-Leading Thin and Lightweight Device Provides Power, Flexibility and Durability for Maximum Mobile Workforce Productivity
MISSISSAUGA, ON (January 16, 2014) – Panasonic, an industry leader in reliable and innovative mobile computers since 1996, announced the latest member of its Toughpad™ family of rugged, enterprise-grade tablets. The Toughpad FZ-M1 is the thinnest* and lightest* rugged 7-inch fanless tablet with a 4th generation Intel® Core™ i5 processor available today. Running Windows 8.1 Pro, the Toughpad FZ-M1 can be easily incorporated into enterprise and government environments. With a broad range of configuration options available, it can be customized to meet the unique needs of highly mobile professionals in various markets such as field services and sales, retail, supply chain and logistics, and government.
“Most tablets on the market today are designed to be ‘good enough’ to meet most users’ needs. But ‘good enough’ won’t cut it for a large portion of the mobile workforce, who need tools they can depend on in challenging conditions to get the job done without compromise,” said Susan Black, Director, Computer and Enterprise Solutions. “The Toughpad FZ-M1 is built for those workers. Its highly portable and compact size, power, connectivity and configuration options, and sheer toughness make it the ideal tablet to connect mission-critical workers of all types with the data they need to do their jobs at any time.”
The Toughpad FZ-M1 is designed to improve productivity and efficiency in a host of professional scenarios, including customer service, inventory management and asset tracking, maintenance, eForms, route delivery, eCitations, electronic medical records, inspections, mobile point-of-sales and geographic information system (GIS).
Unlike many consumer tablets and other competitive products, the Toughpad FZ-M1 is built for easy integration into existing IT infrastructures and for smooth deployments and ongoing support. The device also delivers organizations with better and longer life cycle management that means a lower total cost of ownership, saving time and resources.
The Toughpad FZ-M1 is powered by the new 4th generation Intel® Core™ i5 vPro™ processor, providing enterprise-class performance on the go with unique hardware enhanced security features, remote manageability and capabilities designed to increase end user productivity and data protection. An Intel® Celeron® processor model will also be available for cost-sensitive applications.
Its user-replaceable battery delivers 8 hours of uninterrupted work, with quick-charging technology that reaches 100% capacity in just two and a half hours. An optional high capacity battery delivers 16 hours of power, and an optional bridge battery enables users to switch out batteries without powering down the device, providing for virtually unlimited use.
Thin, Light & Rugged
At 1.2 lbs. and only 0.7” thin for the standard configuration, the Toughpad FZ-M1 is the world’s lightest* and thinnest* tablet in its class. Its fully-rugged design is tested to meet MIL-STD-810G specifications for drops (up to 5-feet), shock, vibration, altitude, humidity and extreme temperatures. The FZ-M1 is the first rugged 7-inch 4th generation Intel® Core™ i5 tablet with a fanless design**, allowing it to easily meet IP65 standards for rain and dust. The tablet has also been submitted for ANSI 12.12.1 certification (Class1, Div2) for use in incendiary environments.
Display Designed For Mobile Workers
The Toughpad FZ-M1’s 7-inch, 500 nit, daylight-readable WXGA display features an anti-reflective screen trea™ent, making it ideal for outdoor use. Its high-sensitivity capacitive, 10-point multi-touch screen can even be used with thick industrial-type gloves. An optional stylus is available for signature capture and similar applications.
The Toughpad FZ-M1 offers a broad range of configuration options, allowing organizations to customize the ideal tool for their workforces. Configuration options include 4G LTE embedded wireless broadband (available in Canada Spring 2014) dedicated GPS, Barcode reader, Ethernet or serial port; and a choice of near field communications (NFC), SmartCard reader, UHF radio-frequency identification (RFID) (up to 10-feet range), or Magnetic Stripe reader.
Toughpad FZ-M1: Key Features
- High-Performance Processing Power: 4th generation Intel® Core™ i5 vPro™ processor, or an Intel® Celeron® processor (available Summer 2014)
- Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit with Windows 7 Professional downgrade option available
- Durability: MIL-STD-810G, 5-feet drop, IP65 fully sealed fanless design
- Screen: 7-inch daylight-readable WXGA display (1280x800); high-sensitivity 10-point capacitive multitouch input, with an optional Stylus pen
- Storage & Memory: 128GB SSD (256GB SSD option available) with 8 GB RAM (Intel® Core™ i5 vPro processor model)
- Connectivity & I/O: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC7260 Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth® v4.0 (Class 1), USB 3.0, micro SDXC card slot, docking connector, optional 4G LTE embedded wireless broadband (available in Canada Spring 2014). Other options include dedicated GPS, Barcode reader, Ethernet, serial port, and choice of near field communications (NFC), SmartCard reader, UHF radio-frequency identification (RFID) reader (up to 10-feet range), or Magnetic Stripe reader
- Lightweight Portability: 1.2 lbs., 0.7” thin (standard configuration)
- Battery: 8 hours per MobileMark® 2007 testing (user-replaceable); optional hot swap bridge battery and high capacity battery (16 hours) available
- Camera: 720P built-in front camera with mic; 5MP rear camera with auto focus and LED light
- Security: Enterprise-class security features include encryption, IPsec VPN, trusted boot and root protection
- Warranty: The Toughpad FZ-M1 is backed by the industry's most comprehensive 3-year warranty and Canadian-based customer support
As with other Toughpad models, Panasonic will offer a full set of enterprise-grade accessories to support the Toughpad FZ-M1, including cases, mounts, printers, keyboards and multi-unit storage and charging solutions.
Pricing and Availability
The Toughpad FZ-M1 Intel® Core™ i5 vPro™ processor model will be available in February at an approximate MSRP price of $2,250***.
All Toughpad tablets can be purchased through authorized Panasonic resellers.
Requests for more information or sales inquiries for Panasonic’s Toughpad family of tablets should be directed to either email@example.com, to 1-866-413-3099, or visit www.panasonic.com.
*World’s lightest and thinnest rugged 7-inch fanless tablet with a 4th generation Intel® Core™ i5 processor as of Jan. 6, 2014 (standard configuration)
**First rugged 7-inch 4th generation Intel® Core™ i tablet with a fanless design as of Jan. 6, 2014
***MSRP without integrated options
About Panasonic Canada Inc.
A subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation of North America, Panasonic Canada Inc. provides a broad line of digital and other electronics products and solutions to meet consumer, business and industrial needs. Consumers seeking more information on the company’s products can visit Panasonic’s home page at www.panasonic.com.
All brand and company/product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective companies. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
For more information:
Panasonic Canada Inc.